The Fenton City Council has authorized putting vehicles and equipment that have reached the end of their service life up for public auction.
All of the items for sale have been replaced with new vehicles and equipment. They include:
• 2003 Ford F150 pickup truck, two-wheel drive with 108,794 miles
• 2003 Ford F150 pickup truck, two-wheel drive with 78,176 miles
• 2015 Chevy Tahoe SSV with 90,654 miles
• 1999 New Holland 575E backhoe
• Unknown year two master tilt bed trailer
• 15 metal lockers from police department
• Miscellaneous file cabinets and office furniture from building department
• Sears Craftsman gas-powered, 26-inch dual stage snow blower from Department of Public Works (DPW)
• Sears Craftsman gas-powered portable generator, 5,600 watt from DPW
• Porter Cable, gas-powered portable generator 5,250 watt from DPW
These items will be posted on the State of Michigan Surplus auction website, MITN, at www.mitninfo.com. This is a public auction website and the 5 percent buyer’s premium will be collected from the buyer and paid to MITN where auction fees for sale of surplus items is net zero for the city.
The city of Fenton will receive the proceeds from the sale.