Genesee County released a list of essential services for residents during the shelter-in-place order. They are:
67th District Court
The 67th District Court will continue to provide the following essential services:
- Arraignments of jailed defendants in both felony and misdemeanor cases at the McCree Building.
- Issuance of search warrants.
- Issuance of arrest warrants for jailed defendants at the McCree building.
- Processing of criminal extradition matters for jailed defendants.
- Civil matters involving filing fees will be accepted only by mail. The court will return copies via regular mail.
- All court buildings are closed to the public.
- Emergency motions must be filed via email at 111.67thdc.com or mailed to the appropriate court locations.
- Evictions are suspended until April 17, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. or further Order of the Court.
Animal Control shelter operations:
- Closed to public for license sales - Treasury to wave any late fees, etc., until current circumstance is resolved.
- No volunteer team members will be admitted to shelter under Governor’s shelter-in-place order. (Animal Care Specialists (ACS) on half-day schedule for normal care of shelter animals, balance of shift spent walking/exercising/socializing dogs.)
- No stray dog or owner surrenders or owner requested euthanization accepted.
- Return to owner by appointment only (all persons screened upon entry).
- Adoptions suspended.
- All fosters and Shelter-to-Shelter transfers utilized to fullest extent possible.
Animal Control field operations limited as follows:
- Police calls for dangerous animals or other Public Safety issues.
- Injured animals.
- No stray animal pickup.
- ACO personnel stationed at shelter, performing dog walking/socialization when not on calls.
- Community Corrections will not be open to the public, but will continue pre-bail reporting for arraignments.
- Supervision of defendants will be monitored remotely through Google Voice.
- Any questions should be directed to Marlene Collick at 810-424-5702.
Friend of the Court
Friend of the Court is closed to the public but will still provide essential functions:
- Arraignments on bench warrants.
- Recording child support orders in MiCSES.
- Initiate income withholding notices.
- Implement national medical support notices.
The public may call their direct line at (810) 257-3300 for more information or by messaging their Facebook page facebook.com/geneseecountyfoc.
Genesee County Community Action Resource Department (GCCARD)
- Senior Meals (meals on wheels, home delivered meals, congregate “to go” meals) will continue to operate daily until advised differently. Contact: Tamitha Taylor, Director (cell) (810) 730-2942.
- Commodity food distribution (CSFP, TEFAP) will continue with modified drive-through pickup and home delivery on Wednesdays and Thursdays until advised differently. Contact: Jason Jones, Director (cell) (810) 259-4561.
Genesee County Clerk’s Office
The entire Clerk’s office is closed to the public. Staffing is reduced and working on a rotational basis to conduct minimum basic operations.
- Processing daily mail – on average the Legal Division of the Clerk’s office receives 50-150 incoming pieces of mail daily.
- Maintaining Circuit Court files and court coverage for the hearings that are taking place.
- Processing outgoing orders for the public.
- Answering phone inquiries.
- New case filings are being accepted by mail only.
- Personal Protection Order Petitions are being accepted and processed through the Circuit Court. A Deputy Clerk will be stationed one the first floor of the building in the Juvenile Records Department.
Vital Records Division
- Processing all incoming birth and death records from hospitals and funeral homes.
- Funeral homes will have to utilize online services or US mail to place their orders for death certificates. After payment is received, all orders will be mailed.
- Birth, Death and Marriage Certified Copies are still available to the public. Check our website for eligibility requirements and costs at: https://www.gc4me.com/departments/county_clerks1/vital_record_division.php
Order requests can be made by mail to:
Genesee County Clerk – Vital Records Division
900 S. Saginaw St.
Flint Mi. 48502
Order requests can be made online using a credit card at:
- Assumed Name Certificates (DBA) and Co-Partnership Certificate applications are accepted by mail only.
- No New Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Applications are being accepted.
- No Renewal CPL applications in person. Renewal applications can be mailed to Michigan State Police or submitted using their online services.
- No Notary Public applications are being accepted.
- No Applications to Marry are being accepted.
- Candidate filings will all be done by mail.
- Candidate Campaign Finance filings will be handled by mail or email.
Genesee County Health Department
Genesee County Health Department McCree Building location will be closed to the public through April 6, 2020. Staff from all departments are still working to cover services via telephone; call (810) 257-3612 for assistance.
The Burton location will provide Immunizations, Family Planning, Sexual Health, and Women, Infants and Children’s (WIC) clinic services only by appointment through April 6, 2020. Each person will be screened for fever and travel history prior to entering Health Department buildings. Those feeling ill should reschedule appointments.
- Immunizations: (810) 237-4569
Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri 8-11 am & 1-4 pm | Tues 1-4 pm | Thur 8-11 am & 1-4 pm & 4:30-6 pm
- Family Planning: (810) 237-4538
Hours: Mon, Wed – Fri 8-11 am & 1-4 pm | Tues 1-4 pm
- Sexual Health: (810) 257-3139
Hours: Mon, Wed – Fri 8-11 am & 1-4 pm | Tues 1-4 pm
· WIC: (810) 237-4537 or (810) 237-4536
Hours: Mon – Fri 7:45-11:00 am & 12:45-4 pm
To address the concerns of Michigan residents, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) launched a statewide COVID-19 hotline, open daily from 8 am to 5 pm. Public health professionals will be available to answer your questions related to COVID-19 and direct callers to the right local resources. Staff cannot provide clinical advice or diagnosis. To reach the MDHHS COVID-19 hotline, call 1 (888) 535-6136.
Genesee County Parks and Recreation
- All Park Buildings will remain closed to the Public.
- Day Parks and Trails will remain open.
- Park Police, and Park Maintenance will remain on duty.
- All changes in status of Park Operations will be listed on their website at Geneseecountyparks.org
- All questions may be directed to Barry June at 810-249-3817 or by messaging their Facebook page facebook.com/GeneseeCountyParks.
The Prosecutor’s Office continues to provide the following essential services:
- Warrant review – remote if suspect not in custody
- Warrant review – on site if suspect if in custody
- Staffing of court hearings as permitted by the Michigan Supreme Court order. Remote appearance unless a victim is to be present to address the court pursuant to the Michigan Crime Victims’ Rights Act and Michigan Constitution.
- On Call services to police (after 5pm and weekends with office hours for in custody warrants on Saturday 9-12)
- Paternity Establishment paperwork processing on site as access to state system cannot be done remotely. One attorney in the office per day – Each APA comes in one time per week.
- APAs in the Trial Divisions continue to work as remotely as possible coming to office periodically to drop off and pick up files and access network systems for needed information.
Genesee Valley Regional Center (GVRC)
- GVRC is operating as normal but closed for all visitors. All hearings will be monitored remotely through Zoom.
The Probate Court has adopted the following plan with Governor Whitmer’s executive order:
- Petitions for Mental Health Treatment (“pick-up” petitions/orders)
- Emergency guardianship petitions (involving MDHHS)
These matters are emergency only and will require the Court staff to be on-site:
Register of Deeds
- Genesee County Office of Senior Services will be closed to the public but will returning all voicemails and emails with questions and information request.
- All centers are open for phone support and to-go meals. Please call each senior center directly for further information and services offered.
- Transports are available through Flushing, Krapohl, Eastside, Grand Blanc, Carman-Ainsworth, and Montrose senior centers.
- All questions may be directed to Lynn Radzilowski at (810)845-1240 or by messaging the GCOSS Facebook page facebook.com/Genesee-County-Office-of-Senior-Services.
Genesee County Treasurers’ office is closed to the public. Online services and payments will still be accessible. Any payments may also be mailed to 1101 Beach Street Flint, MI 48502. Foreclosures and extensions will be postponed until May 29, 2020. The public may reach out to:
Treasurers-Web Group@co.genesee.mi.us for additional questions.
- Veterans Services Department is closed, but staff is working remotely. The public may call (810) 237-6173 or (810) 237-6179 during business hours for phone support.