The Fenton Fire Department responded to a commercial structure fire at Acument Global Technologies, 2480 Owen Rd., at 12:09 a.m. on Monday, June 14. The was reportedly a fire over the generator area.
Fenton Fire Chief Bob Cairnduff said when their first truck arrived, there were flames showing from the roof.
Cairnduff said the incident commander quickly requested a second alarm.
The chief said the cause of the fire was from an internal exhaust system that vents gas byproducts out the roof. The roofing around that vent system caught fire.
“Our crews were able to extinguish the fire pretty quickly but there was extensive overhaul that had to happen,” he said. “The roofing materials around the fire area had to be exposed and peeled back to make sure there was no extension. They have foam insulation under the rubber roof and fire can be hidden in those insulation panels.”
Responding with mutual aid were Fenton Township Fire Department, Linden City Fire Department, North Oakland County Fire Authority (NOCFA) and Hartland Fire Department.
There were no injuries and all units cleared the scene by 1:57 a.m.