Fenton’s popular “Concerts in the Park” series will begin this Thursday, June 7 at the gazebo park near City Hall in downtown Fenton.
Performance times are 7 to 8:30 p.m., except on Aug. 9 when the concert will begin at 6:30 p.m. to accommodate the Back to the Bricks Tune-up Party event on the same date.
Concertgoers are encouraged to bring a lawn chair or blanket to enjoy the outdoor ambiance of the event. In case of inclement weather, the concert will be held inside the Fenton Community & Cultural Center.
Kicking off the first concert this week will be “One Love Reggae,” a popular Reggae band from Michigan.
Other upcoming concerts include:
• June 14: Fenton Community Orchestra (this concert takes place behind the Fenton Community & Cultural Center)
• June 21: Kari Holmes, modern-day country
• June 28: Chautauqua Express, kids and family
• July 5: Toppermost, Beatles tribute band
• July 12: Soul’D Out: pop and rock variety
• July 19: IMAGE, classic rock and oldies
• July 26: Air Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffet tribute band
• Aug. 2: Captured Detroit, Journey tribute band
• Aug. 9: Billy Mack & the Juke Joint Johnnies, swing-a-billy and oldies (note concert time of 6:30 p.m.)
• Aug. 16: Katmandu, Bob Seger tribute band
• Aug. 23: Eye 96, pop and rock variety
• Aug. 30: Magic Bus, Woodstock-era ’60s
This concert series is sponsored by Southern Lakes Parks and Recreation (SLPR), the city of Fenton and the Fenton Downtown Development Authority (DDA).
Linden will begin its “Music at the Mill” concert series Wednesday, Aug. 1, with concerts continuing throughout the month of August, sponsored by SLPR, the city of Linden and the Linden DDA.